The Ruesch Clinic involves professionals of different medical backgrounds in this area of the clinic.
Proctology is that branch of medicine that studies and deals with diseases of the anus and rectum, whose symptoms are varied and numerous and which in most cases are traced to diseases such as:
- anal fissures
- anal abscesses
- rectal inflammations
- rectal polyps
- prolapse of the rectum
- ulcers of the rectum
- chronic flatulence
- diseases that need coordination with gynecological or urological specialists or dermatologists
The proctologist is the specialist who also appropriately applies medical or surgical therapy according to the case that arises.
The doctor specialized in Proctology is also known as Proctologist. It is in fact the one who deals with diagnosing and treating all the diseases of that body section which are the anus and the rectum, but sometimes it also deals with colon dysfunctions and in this case we will talk about colon-proctology. The proctologist has the task of implementing meticulous specialist assessments that serve to be able to identify and put into practice all those appropriate therapies necessary for the total healing of the patient.
There must be a close collaboration between the specialist in proctology and other specialists from different fields but contiguous to it, especially with the Gastroenterologist, or rather he is concerned about the care and analysis of the stomach and intestine pathologies but how we had already previously specified also an onecologist, dermatologist, oncologist. If cancer is suspected, in fact, oncology is that branch of medicine that deals with tumors in humans – urologist etc.
What are the diseases most often treated by a Proctologist?
Let’s see what are the most common cases in medicine for which you should contact a Proctologist.
The pathologies treated, as previously indicated, are numerous and can be particularly different from one another. So let’s analyze the main diseases in detail:
- Crohn’s disease is a disease that involves a chronic inflammation that could degenerate and indeed affect the entire digestive tract, starting therefore from its first portion, or the oral cavity to propagate up to the anus; but in reality the inflammation affects in most cases only the last portion of the small intestine or the colon. The sections of the digestive canal affected by the disease are therefore subject to a continuous state of inflammation, sometimes with the presence of ulcerative wounds that tend to thin the tissues.
- Irritable bowel syndrome, indicated in medicine with the name of IBS or more commonly called Colitis, is a widespread disease in Western countries. The main symptoms that characterize it are above all cramps, abdominal pain, sometimes a strong sense of nausea, constipation or diarrhea (sometimes alternating). This condition is always a source of particular stress and discomfort not only physically but also psychologically for the patient, but it is not a serious pathology and can be alleviated through the use of antispasmodics, lactic ferments and a healthy and balanced diet.
- Hemorrhoids, on the other hand, are mainly veins, which we can find in the rectum, which grow larger and cause severe pain in the patient. In addition, their position subjects them to continuous and stressed contact with evacuation and continence movements, thus bringing to the classical pain of excitement that denotes this pathology. With the appearance of hemorrhoids there is also the loss of blood in most cases.
Anal fissures are are ulcers of the anus.
- The anal fissure is therefore a wound that can have different lengths and conformations, but they are generally located near the skin of the anoderm. Anal fissure is a particularly painful condition and can lead to other problems such as constipation or diarrhea.
- Diverticulitis and diverticulosis: these are among the pathologies that in the last century and above all with the advance of industrialization have had a strong diffusion especially in the developed countries. The origin is common to both pathologies and arises when small pockets are created in the intestine indicated with the name of diverticulai. The cause of the origin of the diverticula can be of various nature, both congenital and caused by incorrect food diets.
- Anal fistulas are small channels that create a non-natural communication between the anus and the skin close to it. They can be the result of severe inflammation that can lead to the onset of infections and the presence of pus and sometimes surgery is required.
- More than a real medical disease, stichica is often presented as a symptom that has to do with a large number of people in the world. The lifestyle of Westerners, in fact, with its vital rhythms involves what is the fertile ground for the development of constipation, which is also an additional symptom of simple daily stress.
The best medical specialists in Naples belong to the Ruesch Clinic, forming a pool of top-level professionals capable of satisfying every health need for all our Neapolitan patients or those from other regions of Italy.
Alta tecnologia e strumentazioni di grande qualità sono un punto di forza della clinica
Profili medici riconoscibili e sempre disponibili a fornire un consulto professionale
La clinica è situata in una posizione strategia ed è facilmente accessibile ai nostri pazienti
Vuoi più informazioni?